Scallops and Chorizo Recipe with Pine Nuts
Classic Spanish Chorizo and Scallops Recipe adapted to Southern California Flavors
This is my spin on the classic Spanish recipe, adopted with a Southern California-Mexican influence. The key to this dish is high quality chorizo and fresh scallops. If you are in Southern California, I recommend you go to Ochoa’s Chorizo store for their chorizo to use in this recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon, olive oil
- 6 Ounces, mild or medium spiced chorizo
- 1/3, medium brown onion (diced)
- 1/4 Red bell pepper (diced, divided)
- 1 Ounce, pine nuts
- 8 Ounces of large scallops (sliced in half, flat-wise)
- 1 Teaspoon, garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon, ground pepper
- 1/4 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Italian parsley (coarsely chopped, divided)
- Salt to taste
1) Pour olive oil into pan and heat on medium-low heat
2) Form chorizo meat into small balls (may leave meat loose)
3) Cook chorizo balls in oil with onion and half of red peppers.
4) When onions become translucent, turn heat to high. Add scallops to one side of the pan.
5) Add Pine Nuts
6) Cook scallops one side for 2 minutes, add garlic and pepper. Toss all ingredients until translucence of scallops go away. (don’t overcook)
7) Squeeze lemon over the hot pan, toss. Add Italian parsley, Toss
8) Plate the scallop and chorizo dish. Top with remaining freshly parsley and red onion.
9) Add 1/2 cup of water to pan and scrape the bottom to create a jus. Spoon sauce onto dish to taste.
Other Recipes on Tom’s Foodie Blog