Champagne Grape Stuffed Chicken Salad Recipe
Makes the best chicken salad sandwiches you ever tasted
This is the best chicken salad recipe for summer, especially when you want to keep the kitchen cool. The recipe uses small grapes called champagne grapes into the chicken salad, which provide little cluster bombs or juicy sweetness in each bite.
About Champagne Grapes
The grapes are about the size of a pearl and are very sweet. According to MelissasProduce.com “[Champagne Grapes] are believed to have originated in Western Asia, they are one of the oldest cultivated plants and are known to have digestive and therapeutic properties. For thousands of years, they were grown solely to produce wine.
Today, grapes are also specially harvested for eating and for drying to make raisins. How appropriate and fitting to call these specialty grapes “champagne.” Actually a variety called Zante Currant or Black Corinth, (named for the Greek city where they were grown more than 2,000 years ago) (Source: http://MelissasProduce.com)
Makes (4) stuffed Champagne stuffed chicken salad sandwiches
- One large chicken breast (boiled or grilled)
- 1/4 Cup red onions, diced
- 1/4 Cup red peppers, diced
- 4 Teaspoons Pine Nuts
- 4 Teaspoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon dry garlic powder
- Juice of a lemon wedge
- 1/2 Cup light mayonnaise (add ¼ cup extra if you light it wet)
- 1 Teaspoon mustard (use grain mustard if you have it)
- ¾ Cup Melissa’s Produce Champagne Grapes
- 8 Slices, of your favorite whole grain bread (choose one with lots of seeds).
- 4 Slices of Havarti cheese (or your favorite white cheese)
Combine all of the dry and wet ingredients, EXCEPT the grapes
When the mixture is smooth, carefully fold in the champagne grapes. Try not to pop the grapes, but assume you will accidentally pop some of them during the integration
Lightly toast the bread so that it is warm and a very light toast.
Each sandwich should be arrange is one slice of cheese and 4+ tablespoons of the chicken salad.
Bring the breads together and you the best chicken salad sandwich you ever tasted. You’re Welcome.