Easy Goat Cheese and Fig Muffins Recipe
This is a simple goat cheese and fig muffins recipe, using boxed cake mix. As I mentioned in my previous post about Fig being in season, this is an easy way to use your extra figs before they go bad. This recipe can use any of the types of figs I mentioned in the first article, although I noticed that the Black Mission Fig and the Brown Turkey figs work the best. I used the Panache Tiger Figs, they are also good; although, the deeper sugar flavor in the black mission figs was superior.
- 1 Box Spiced cake mix
- Other ingredients required by cake mix( typically eggs and vegetable oil)
- 12 Melissa’s Produce figs (stemmed and sliced in half) – Use any type you like, but black mission works the best
- ¾ cup cup jam (or enough for ½ teaspoon per muffin)
- 3/4 cup goat cheese (or enough for 1/2 teaspoon of goat cheese per muffin)
1) Preheat the oven to instructions on cake mix box
2) Follow preparation for muffins using instructions on cake mix box
3) Spray non-stick spray into muffin liners
4) Pour thin layer of cake mix on bottom of muffin liners (about 1 teaspoon)
5) Apply ½ teaspoon jam to top of batter layer.
6) Add ½ fig on top of jam
7) Add 1/2 teaspoon of goat cheese on top of fig
8) Cover with batter, until muffin pans are a little over ¾ full.
9) Bake per instructions on box