Thee Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar to open next location on OC’s beautiful Newport Waterfront
I just received a press release from the folks at The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar, with details about their 2nd location. As I reported several months ago, this award winning restaurant won the bid to purchase the building that was made famous by Villa Nova 3131 W. Coast Highway in Newport Beach. The Winery’s second location will completely remodel this famed location.
The property is in the heart of Newport Beach, just off PCH and overlooks the Marina. To me, this is one of the best restaurant locations in Orange County. The press release provides some details about their plans. My first blush, after reading their plans, is that they are going BIG. It looks like they are aiming to make this restaurant a destination restaurant that could legitimately draw folks in from San Diego and Los Angeles. They did not provide expected starting date of construction or an anticipated opening date. Stay posted.
The Winery Restaurant is on my TOP 5 favorite restaurants in Orange County because of their incredible service, wine menu, and cuisine prepared by Chef Yvonne Goetz. See my review of The Winery and my review of the Halter Ranch wine pairing dinner at The Winery Restaurant. and Goetz Competition in the Cadillac Culinary Competition.
Details About The Winery Restaurant Newport Beach from the press release:
“The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar, we pride ourselves on really focusing on our guest experience. Our next location will have the same level of service, with six Sommeliers on our team, as well as an incredible wine program, and a warm and passionate menu orchestrated by award-winning Chef Yvon Goetz,” explained JC Clow, Managing Partner of The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar. “The major difference with this location will be the stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and boat access. We anticipate endless possibilities, with something to suit every palate.”
Following are the key features outlined in the press release about the new location in Newport Beach
- The Winery Newport Beach is set to be the newest, most luxurious, classy and cutting edge culinary experience in Orange County.
- The restaurant sits on a landmark location on Pacific Coast Highway that has one of the most incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and Newport Marina in Orange County.
- The design of the restaurant is worthy of note – it was designed by the award-winning Richard McCormack Design of Orange County.
- The remodel and construction of the restaurant is being handled by award-winning contractor ITX Construction of Orange County. This is the contractor responsible for Charlie Palmer’s, ANQI, Fleming’s, Mozza, and R&D Café, to name a few.
- The restaurant will feature a team of six certified Sommeliers, including a Level 3 Sommelier.
- The Winery Newport Beach will be a 10,000-square-foot, two-story restaurant, complete with a 700-square-foot 2nd floor outdoor dining patio overlooking the marina with two outdoor fireplaces and state-of-the-art heating system and waterproof awnings for year-round use.
- The restaurant will feature two private dining rooms with state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment. The Sonoma Room, with views of the marina, will be able to accommodate up to 60 guests; the Napa Room will accommodate up to 24 guests and will feature an indoor fireplace.
- The Winery Newport Beach will feature a state-of-the-art two-story temperature-controlled glass wine cellar with a 6,000-bottle capacity.
- The restaurant’s first-floor dining areas will feature stunning ocean views at every table and will be able to seat 150 guests. The first-floor bar will be able to accommodate up to 34 guests.
- The restaurant’s second-story dining room features a breathtaking bar with scenic ocean views. Capacity for bar and adjoining lounge area will be 40 guests, while the entire dining area can accommodate 125 seated guests (200 standing guests for a cocktail-style event).
- The Winery will feature a second-story cigar patio, overlooking the marina with plush sofas, large flat-screen televisions, a dual-sided fireplace and state-of-the-art heaters.
- Three private docks will allow guests the opportunity to arrive via the Marina.
To receive updates about this restaurant openings and other food news:
Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/tomsfoodieblog
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/tomsfoodieblog
Follow me Instagram: www.instragram.com/tomsfoodieblog