No Cook Gazpacho Recipe – Easy and Healthy Chilled Soup for your Summer Dinner Party
This is a very simple recipe no heat gazpacho recipe from one of my favorite restaurants, Fig and Olive in Newport Beach. This recipe is perfect for a hot day when turning the oven on is a big “no-no.” This fig and olive recipe is inspired by the no-cook Adalucia recipe. I received this recipe from the folks at Fig and Olive and tested it out in my kitchen.
If you are worried about calories or your girlish shape, I calculated less than 100 calories for a full bowl of chilled soup. If you don’t have much time, this gazpacho recipe took me less than 30 minutes to make, from slicing the first tomato to pouring it into the bowl.
- 2 lbs Tomato
- ¼ lb Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Bread (French baguette)
- 1 Hot house cumber (English Cucumber)
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Tabasco
- 2 Cups Water
- ½ Cup Sweet Brown Onion
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
My modification to the original recipe
- Add 3 cloves garlic
- Add 6 basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup Celery (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of creamy horseradish
1) Peeled the cucumber and remove seeds with spoon. Roughly chop into chunks for easy blending.
2) Quarter the bell pepper and remove seeds.
3) Quarter the tomatoes
4) Peel onions and cut into small chunks.
5) Combine all ingredients in a blender or a mixer.
6) Use the med-high setting on your food processor, blend to smooth.
7) Garnish with olive oil, creamy horseradish and basil leaves.
For Chilled soup
For chilled gazpacho, substitute 2 cups of ice instead of water.
Other modification ideas
I also included some modifications from the original recipe based on my tastes. This is a great base recipe, that can be modified to your hearts content
- Add Avocado into the blender for a creamier soup.
- Fold in avocado after it is blended for altering texture
- Add Celery to the blend, for an earthy flavor
- Fold in grilled corn kernels after blended for another flavor pop
- Sprinkle gazpacho with feta cheese
- Add whole anchovies
- Add soy sauce instead of salt
You can get as fancy as you like
I paired the cold soup with citrus marinated grilled shrimp and it was a crowd pleasure with my wife and friends.