Taco Bell Delivery by DoorDash comes to Orange County
Bean and Cheese Burritos Are Just a Click Away!
There is nothing worse then getting stuck in a work meeting, past the sacred 12:00 lunch hour. With thoughts of 7-layer burritos dancing through my head, I tend to get hangry! Yesterday, Taco Bell announced that they have partnered with DoorDash to provide delivery in an Orange County pilot ! Woot! #TacoBellDelivery
Say what? Taco Bell Delivery? Yes you read that correctly. No time to make a run for that bag of bean burritos? No problem! I tried it out today and it was awesome. Note that there are some extra costs then driving and picking it up yourself, but more on that in a few minutes.
Ordering Using DoorDash
Ordering my Taco Bell DoorDash was really easy and reliable. I simply went to DoorDash.com and created an account with my name, address, phone number. I then selected Taco Bell from a list of nearby restaurants. Delivery is currently available to select cities in O.C. See bottom of post for a list.
By each restaurant was a timer, showing how long an order would take. I really liked this function as I did not have to go through the entire process to learn it will take over an hour. Informed decisions are best. I ordered at 11:15, the height of the lunch rush, so It quoted me 80 minutes. Later in the day the cycle time from order being placed to delivery was quoted at only 40 minutes. From my experience, this delivery time is very accurate.
The menu showed which items were available for order, which was pretty much the entire menu. I simply selected which items I wanted and how many of each. Food was separated into categories, such as tacos, burritos and specialties.
Every group has that one guy who insists on customizing their food to death. The DineDash system is friendly to these freaks. Some items allowed up to 16 modifications! (most at charge). The ordering system is friendly to vegetarians. There was even a button called “Make it Veggie!”
After I ordered I received a confirmation both on my screen and my email with a link to check the status of my order.
The DoorDash website bragged that they have special logistical software that could calculate an exact time of delivery. I was skeptical.
Much like Uber, I was kept informed about the status of my order, via the website and text messages.
As promised the delivery driver showed up at exactly at 12:29, one minutes early. I was impressed. My driver, Anderson, showed up with two bags of awesomeness and was all smiles. He was very friendly and obviously he liked his job.
As I walked down the cubicle rows, heads popped up in true prairie dog fashion as the smells of burritos wafted in the air.
Taco Bell delivered to the Office – The day I become the “King of the Cubicles”
That day, I was the most popular guy in the office. Hungry co-workers stopped what they were doing to ask questions like, “how did you get Taco Bell so fast?”, “I didn’t see you leaving to your car”, “Can I get a taco?”
One guy had the nerve to snark, “did your mommy bring you lunch?” For that comment, he got cut off from the Taco Bell delivery. No Taco for you!
I sent an email blast to my other colleagues, “The Burrito has landed.” They showed up with eager eyes and greedy fingers like school kids hovering over the guy with fast food lunch.
I was king of the cubicle city for a day. Not a huge honor, but that day I was a big fish in a small pond.
Facts about Using DoorDash
- How Do I order? Visit DoorDash Website to order Taco Bell Delivery
- What Metropolitan areas are participating in the Taco Bell Delivery Service? Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco area , and Dallas
- That’s fine, but which Orange County cities will have Taco Bell Delivery? Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, Laguna Beach,, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San, Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Westminster, Yorba Linda
- Is there a minimum order size? There is no minimum order size, although the delivery fee can get expensive for a single taco…
- What is the Delivery Fee? $1 for your first order, 3.95 for subsequent orders.
- Are Prices higher when using DoorDash? They can be, depending on the market. I noticed a 18% increase on some items. This came up to .20-.40 cents per Taco Bell item. Not very bad for the convenience factor.
- How long does delivery take? Delivery times are quoted on the main menu, inside the restaurant icon. Dinner and Lunch rushes could be over an hour.
- Can you schedule delivery ahead of time? Yes and I recommend it during the most popular times like lunch and dinner. Ordering 30 minutes earlier can make a big difference.
- Tips: Tipping is greatly appreciated, but not required. You can add a tip to your online order.
- How Do I Pay? You pay with your credit card when you place the online order. No cash is exchanged. Sounds like Uber right?
- Why are delivery times so accurate? They use a proprietary algorithm which selects the best driver for the delivery based on numerous factors such as distance, traffic, and food prep time.
- Are drivers employees? They are independent contractors.