So you forgot to make Mother’s Day brunch reservations right? This blog post is here to help you dig yourself out of your predicament. Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year in the restaurant industry and reservations can book up weeks in advance.
Without a plan, you can be waiting two hours for a table or end up at a crowded Denny’s. Here is my advice: Don’t wait until Saturday to make reservations. Many restaurants are booking up. If you want something really nice, it is the time to act.
The following high-end restaurants still have reservations for Mother’s Day as of right now:
Scott’s Seafood & Bar
- Three-course Prix Fixe brunch with choices and enjoy bottomless Champagne. Brunch cocktails and kids menu are also available.
- 10am-3pm – Mother’s Day Brunch & Bottomless Champagne, Dinner at 5 PM
- $40 per person, $15 for children, exclusive of tax and gratuity
- To view Mother’s Day menu, go to: http://www.scottsrestaurantandbar.com/MothesDay.pdf
- Reservations: 714-979-2400
Leatherby’s Cafe Rouge
- Three-course prix fixe menu with choices.
- 11am–2:30pm – Mother’s Day Brunch, Dinner at 5 PM
- For Mother’s Day brunch menu, to go: http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurants/20/menus/Leatherbys-Mothers-day-menu-2013.pdf
- $35 per person, $15 for children under 12, exclusive of tax and gratuity
- Reservations: 714-429-7640
- This is currently my favorite restaurant in Orange County! I am not surprised Brunch is on a waiting list.
- Reservations are running out fast for dinner, Brunch is on a waiting list
- Dinner: standard menu
- Reservations: 714-817-4200
- Three course prix fixe menu with choices in a classic French setting.
- 10am-3pm – Mother’s Day Brunch, Dinner starts at 5 PM
- Mother Day menu, go to: http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurants/25/menus/Pinot-Provence-Mothers-day-menu-2013.pdf
- $40 per person, $16 for children under 12, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
- Reservations: 714-444-5900
- Reservations are running out quickly for this restaurant on the water, overlooking Newport Beach. Reservations are flying, call right away.
- Mothers Day brunch Menu a la Carte
- Brunch: 10am-3pm, Lunch 11:30am-4:30pm, Dinner: 4:30-10pm
- Reservations 949-675-9800 or http://www.opentable.com/sol-cocina-reservations-newport-beach?rid=40732&restref=40732
Savannah Chop House
- This is a great restaurant with excellent grilled meats and professional service.
- There are still some reservations open, call right now if you are interested 949.493.7107.
- 3 course brunch with choices, Dinner specials. Go to the Menu http://savannahchophouse.net/downloads/sch_mothers_day_menu_2013.pdf
- -Brunch 34.95/pp, Dinner specials @22
- -Brunch 10am-3pm, Dinner 5pm-close
- No one can bring you a classic French inspired Mother’s day brunch like Chef Pascal Olhats.
- All reservations as full, although they are accepting walk-ins
- Three-Course Prix Fixe Menu with choices and includes “Endles Bubbles”
Morton’s The Steakhouse
- Three-course prix fixe menu
- For Mother’s Day menu
- $59 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity
- Reservations: 714-444-4834
Consider “Untraditional” Mother’s Day Restaurants that take walk-ins
Moldoons Irish Pub
- Brunch: start at 10:00 -2:00 . Be sure to show up early for this one, there will be other walk-ins just like you. On the menu is traditional Irish breakfaste fare includingGalway Eggs Benedict with Scottish Smoked Salmon, Corned Beef Hash with Muldoon’s Signature Homemade Corned Beef.
- Dinner: Standard menu will be featured.
Royal Khyber Fine Indian Cuisine
Royal Khyber is providing an Indian Buffet Style Brunch with a very generous selection of fine Indian Cuisine. This restaurant is delicious and just enough different and out of the way to avoid large crowds.
- Brunch – $21.95/pp $13.95 for children under 10
- Champagne, add $5.25 per person and Mimosas are $6.25 per person.
- Reservations 714-436-1010, although walk-ins welcome
- 1621 W Sunflower Ave
Santa Ana (Costa Mes) Reservations: 714-436-1010
Yama Sushi On the Lake
- One of my favorite Sushi Restaurants, which has a beautiful Patio overlooking Lake Mission Viejo
- Special Mother’s Day Lunch Menu
- 27782 Vista Del Lago C-22, Mission Viejo, CA 92692
- Phone:(949) 716-9262
- Opens at 11am
BBQ isn’t Just for Father’s Day
BBQ and Western themed restaurants are known for getting slammed on Father’s Day, although often overlooked for Mother’s Day. I know many of you have Mama’s that love to eat meat. Here are a couple suggestions for great BBQ restaurants that can handle a large crowd:
Wood Ranch BBQ
Well known for their great smoked meat like their ribs, bbq chicken, and pulled pork.
- They do not accept reservations so there will be plenty of tables available for first come first serve.
- They will be serving their standard menu on Mother’s day
- Opens at 11:00am
- Call your local Wood Ranch BBQ for more info by going to their website (Irvine, Rancho Santa Margarita, Anaheim Hills, Cerritos, Corona)
Lone Star Steakhouse
Lone Star Steakhouse does a really nice job with their steaks and are very experienced with serving large crowds.
- Walk-ins are welcome
- Special Mother’s day items, including crab stuffed Filet Mignon
- Opens 11 am
If your Mama is a Foodie Hipster
- Breakfast is being offered, starting at 9am-1pm
- Walk-ins are welcome
- Link to their breakfast menu. What looked good to me was their citrus salmon, house made chorizo and cinnamon rolls
Connected to the Five Crowns in Corona Del Mar, this gastropub is only taking walk-ins. They may some really amazing food and have great cocktails.
- I don’t recommend SideDoor for very large groups.
- Special Mother’s day Menu – including prime rib, crispy bricked chicken and Hand-Cut Pappardelle
Something Very Different – Coffee and Wine
So your Mother is low key, then take her for fancy coffee and fresh pastries then consider a place like Pdm Café, which offers fancy coffee and fresh pastries. The café will not be slammed like the restaurants, so you will be able to relax for great conversation in a welcoming environment. PdM Café has been a favorite in Orange County for crustless quiche with goat cheese, zucchini and leeks, Santa Fe scramble, or a French Omelette.
- Hours: Different for each location, so here is the breakdown
- Fashion Island opens at 7 a.m. and serves breakfast until 3 p.m
- Corona del Mar is open 7 a.m. until 3 p.m
- Dana Point is open 7 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Bristol location in NB is closed
- See online Menu: http://www.pdmcafe.com/menu.html
A Hidden Vine
A Hidden Vine on the Lake in Mission Viejo has a great view and more than 250 bottles from which to choose. Using Napa Technology wine stations, there are 12 bottles chilled at the perfect temperature and ready for tasting at any time. Either select a bottle for enjoying in the tasting room or on the patio, or put a designated amount of cash on a pre-paid card to use at the wine stations. The various ounces are priced depending on the bottle.
- Hours: 12 to 6 p.m.
- 27772 Vista Del Lago, Suite B-15, in Mission Viejo (next door to Yama Sushi).
- For more information, call (949) 916-4810.
Good luck on finding the perfect Mother’s Day Restaurant for your Mother, Wife or Grandmother. I know she will appreciate your effort and planning. For other Mother’s Day Ideas also check out recommendations for restaurants and gift from Dani’s Decadent Deals: http://danisdecadentdeals.com/