Tom’s Foodie Blog is trying to find ways to give back, the best way to do this is to promote food related charities who need publicity. I have established this permanent page to spread the word about a couple of well-deserving initiatives. As a general rule I will be supporting organizations who do not have the means to afford advertising, but will be supporting some non-profits who are effective at making positive changes to our communities.
Hearts for Children
This is a small fund-raising initiative to raise funds for two organizations the Royal Family Kids and Caring for China’s Children. This charity is selling heart shaped brownies to raise funds for these two charities. The baked goods can be purchased directly from www.heartsforchildren.com. They are also taking donations.
Orange County Food Bank
The Orange County Food Bank distributes 15 million pounds of food annually. In addition to the 23,000 people that the Food Bank serves directly each month, it provides food and personal care items to over 300 non-profit service organizations, such as social service agencies, churches, shelters, soup kitchens and senior centers. These organizations serve the homeless, disabled persons, seniors on fixed incomes, the unemployed and the working poor. If you are interested in getting involved through donating your time, resources or making a donation, follow their link http://www.ocfoodbank.org/
Latest posts by Tom Holmberg (see all)
- Gastronomic Ireland: Part 1 – Ireland’s Culinary Renaissance - June 18, 2013
- Father’s Day Idea: Big Bite Bacon Fest at San Diego County Fair - June 13, 2013
- Great Maple Restaurant – “From Great to Miserable” - June 10, 2013
- Sneak Peek of Provisions Market in Old Town Orange - May 23, 2013
- P.F. Chang’s New Summer Menu and $50 Gift Card Giveaway - May 20, 2013