Recipe: Almond Crusted Goat Cheese with Beets & Tangerines
A quick and easy recipe for a mid-week gourmet meal
This is a quick and easy recipe for a busy mid-week meal. I made this dish while I was preparing a fish dish and found myself with extra beets and tangerines. A beet and tangerine salad would be delicious, but why not make it awesome with goat cheese. Even folks who do not enjoy goat cheese will like this dish.
Total Time to make: 15 minutes
Creates four sides or two meals
- 10 ounces of goat cheese (I just use a whole standard package of goat cheese)
- 1/2 cup candied almonds (I used the salad topper package). You can also easily make your own.
- 1 package (8 Ounces) of Melissa’s Produce Organic Baby Beets
- 6 Melissa’s Produce Ojai Pixie tangerines (These are sweet and delicious); although you can substitute any other type of tangerine
( or use a salad dressing version if you are in a rush)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 Melissa’s Produce Ojai Pixie tangerine
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry garlic
1 ) Cut the goat cheese into 1/2 inch slices and then roll them into balls
2 ) Crush the candied almonds using the flat end of a chef’s knife or run it through a food processor for a few seconds – You want to break up the almonds into pieces.
3) Roll the goat cheese in the crush candied almonds; set aside
4 ) Cut the ready to use beets into quarters ( or smaller to preference)
5 ) Peel and segment the tangerines; cut segments in half or thirds. The goal is bit sized pieces.
6 ) Serve the custed goat cheese, beets and tangerines in a small bowl
7 ) Thoroughly whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients until integrated; serve on the side.
This is a easy recipe that you can make using ingredients in your fridge. This dish has multiple flavor layers in each bite including sweet, savory and acidic.
Melissa’s Produce Organic Baby Beets
As many of my readers already know, I am a huge fan of Melissa’s Produce products. I recently tested and tasted their peeled , steamed and ready to eat beets and loved the convenience. They tasted extremely fresh and wayyyyyyy better than canned beets. They are also organic, so they are hipster cool like that as well.