Tom’s Foodie Blog Picks for Orange County Restaurant Week 2014
Orange County Restaurant Week 2014 starts this Sunday! From February 23rd to March 1st you will have the opportunity to experience generous prix fixe menus at a set price of $20, $30, and $40 (lunch meals are even cheaper) . With a list of over 100 participating restaurants, I find it hard to decide which restaurants I want to try.
Suggestions for picking a Restaurant
When picking a restaurant, ask yourself these questions:
- Is this restaurant that I am dying to try?
- Is the cost of dining at this restaurant normally too high for your budget or your personal sensibilities?
- Will you get to try the restaurant’s best dishes or what is easy for them?
- Is the restaurant offering a variety of choices?
- Are they just offering short ribs, chicken, salmon? (yawn!) I made one exception to this rule.
Not all OCRW menus are created equal, as some restaurants are clearly putting their best foot forward.
Tom’s Foodie Blog Picks
Organized by Price Point of Prix Fixe Menus for Orange County Restaurant Week 2014. I have selected this restaurants based on their menu offering, restaurant reputation, and if they performed well in one of my reviews.
$20 Meals (Dinner)
Cha Cha’s Latin Kitchen
$30 Meals (Dinner)
Chapter 1 The Modern Local
Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern
Ways and Means
$40 Meals (Dinner)
The Ranch Restaurant and Saloon
Tom’s Foodie Blog Review (review from last year’s restaurant week)
AnQi by Crustacean
Tom’s Foodie Blog Review (review of last year’s lunch OCRW menu)
Multiple Price Points