Inaugural West of the West “WOW” Wine Festival November 8th 2014 – See post for discount code
Hosted by West Sonoma Vintners and Orange Coast Magazine, Celebrity Cruises
West of the West Wine Festival Event Summary
WHAT: West of the West includes tastings of 31 wines from the cool coastal climate of the West Sonoma Coast, considered one of the world’s leading regions for pinot noir, chardonnay ,and syrah. The Grand tasting will also include food tastings from some of Orange County’s top Chefs.
WHEN: Saturday, November 8th, 2014 10am – 2pm
- 10-11 am: VIP Preview Hour + Grand Tasting: $200 (online only)
- 11 am – 2 pm: Grand Tasting: $175 (online and at door)
Special Ticket Offer: For a limited time, wine enthusiasts can access a special $99 ticket offer on General Grand Tasting tickets ($175 value) by using code:WOWOC at www.orangecoast.com/wowoc
WHERE: Honda Center, Grand Terrace ( Address: 2695 East Katella Ave. Anaheim, CA 92806)
MORE: Visit http://www.orangecoast.com/wowoc for more details.
VIP Early Access – 10:00am-11:00am
Reserve and specialty wine pourings by select West Sonoma Coast wineries on terrace. Note: Food service begins at 11 am.
West of the West Grand Tasting & Entertainment -1:00am–2:00 pm
Gourmet tastings top OC Chefs:
- Chef Jojo Doyle of Grand Terrace at Honda Center
- Chef Saekyong Kim of Charlie Palmer
- Chef David Shofner of Wineworks for Everyone
- Chef Alex Dale of Sealegs Wine Bar
- Chef Andrew Sutton of Carthay Circle
- Co-Executive Chefs Salvatore Ferrara and Gino Buonanoce of Antonello Ristorante
- Chef Imran Ali of Tamarind of London
Specialty lounges by:
- Sub-Zero Wolf
- Celebrity Cruises
- Visit the Celebrity Cruises area and enjoy wine samplings from West Coast Sonoma Vintner’s Hartford Family Wines. Celebrity’s Vacation Planning Zone will feature information on the cruise line’s award-winning culinary and wine programs and a chance to win a Caribbean cruise, as well as Celebrity Cruises popular swag giveaways and prize wheel prizes featuring Celebrity branded wine skins, wine glasses, plush robes, bottle toppers, wine charms, recipe booklets and more.
Bites and desserts
- Bread Artisan Bakery
- OC Donut Bar
- Amazing Grapes Wine Bar
- Sommelier Challenge between Orange County’s top sommeliers and wine experts, hosted by Next Vintage Wine Shop at Charlie Palmer
- Photo ops
- Lively Q&A session/live podcast with Orange Coast‘s resident wine bloggers, The Wine Dudes!
Wine Related Articles on Tom’s Foodie Blog
Understanding Napa Valley Micro Climates and growing Regions.
Tom’s Foodie Blog’s Top 10 Napa Valley Wineries Part 1
Tom’s Foodie Blog’s Top 10 Napa Valley Wineries Part 2
Understanding Paso Robles Micro Climates and growing Regions
Tom’s Foodie Blog’s Top Paso Robles Wineries