Goat Cheese Stuffed Fig Recipe
This Goat Cheese Stuffed Fig Recipe really easy for the summer summer. You do all the cooking outside, so it will not warm up your house. This recipe can be made while you are our grilling your hamburgers and steaks. I recommend that you use every type of fig I mentioned in my previous post. The grilling draws out the sugar in the figs, which helps cut through the strong flavors of the goat cheese. Together, these flavors are perfect.
Recipe makes 20 goat cheese stuffed figs
- 10 Melissa’s Produce Figs (Use any type, although I recommend you use a variety of colors for a party)
- ½ Cup goat cheese ( left out to room temperature)
- Jam, preferable Fig Jam if you have it
- Candied nuts or crumbled oatmeal bar
1) Preheat Gas Grill on high and thoroughly oil the grates
2) Slice figs in half, place on grill face down. Cook for 5 minutes.
3) Flip figs and let cook an additional 5 minutes. The figs should be soft and the inner meat should be jelly-like
4) Using a teaspoon, gently create a divot in each fig by gently pressing on the center with a spoon.
5) Using a teaspoon, spoon out about ½ teaspoon worth of goat cheese and place in the center of the fig.
6) Shut the grill door and cook an additional 3-5 minutes on high heat or until the goat cheese melts.
7) Serve with baby arugula and sliced radish.
Note: For purposes of presentation, try to get a couple colors of figs and serve the different colors on the same appetizer dish
8) Optional: Sprinkle goat cheese stuffed figs with candied nuts crushed granola bar.
This is an easy recipe to make and plate right before a party. It can be served on a platter or individually platted as shown.