It’s that time again foodies! The OC Foodie Fest is upon us and the swarm of gourmet food trucks is about to descend upon the Angel’s stadium parking lot. The OC Foodie Fest is like the Pied Piper attracting foodies from all of Southern California into a day full of gluttonous eating and debauchery. This years Foodie Fest will feature over 150 food vendors, including gourmet food trucks and local restaurants. I will be at the OC Food Fest live reporting on Twitter and Facebook. If you are there, look for the guy wearing the pig costume..that will be me! Oink! http://www.ocfoodiefest.com
To win a pair of tickets to Foodie Fest, “Like” my page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tomsfoodieblog and leave a Facebook comment what truck you would like to try at The OC Foodie Fest (hint: I have the trucks listed on this blog post). I will be randomly picking a lucky winner on Thursday!
My tips for Foodie Fest
- Bring Cash, not all the trucks may be accepting Credit Cards
- Bring sunscreen and a hat, it may get warm
- Expect to pay for parking, it’s life just deal with it
- There will be some lines at the food trucks, I recommend getting there early
- Come hungry, but not starving.
I have included an excerpt from their press release, which may answer some of your questions.
About The OC Foodie Fest
Keeping with its motto, “The Ultimate Foodie Destination,” OC Foodie Fest is back for seconds to showcase the most popular mobile eats and spotlight the newest food trends with stars from The Food Network. Guests will have the opportunity to indulge in a wide variety of culinary creations and local specialties while being treated to a full day of fun and entertainment.
Guests can expect quite a mouthful from 100 food vendors including gourmet food Trucks, local restaurants, SoCo Certified Farmers’ Market, and a Budweiser Beer Garden with food and games. There will be no shortage of entertainment for the entire family from a Kids Zone with games, rides and Angels Baseball activities, Boutiquing.com shopping areas dispersed throughout the event, a Car Show, a VIP Area sponsored by SKYY Spirits with the perfect view of the main stage’s live entertainment and eating competitions. The day will culminate in Yelp’s presentation of the “Best of the Fest Award” with a cash prize and giant trophy.
Link to The OC Foodie Fest: http://www.ocfoodiefest.com
The Food Trucks and Food Vendors Appearing at The OC Foodie Fest and the list is LONGGGGGG
- AhnJooLA – Korean Snack Bar
- BACON MANia – Anything and Everything Bacon Obsessed
- Bakery Truck – Cream Puffs, Cupcakes and Cookies Oh My!
- Barbie’s Q – Down Home Blues and BBQ
- Bool BBQ – Korean BBQ Tacos & Pastels
- The Burnt Truck – Not Your Average Gourmet Sliders
- Cheeseball Wagon – World Famous Cheddar Cheeseballs & Sliders
- Chef Joe Youkhan’s Tasting Spoon – Rustic Italian Street Food
- Chomp Chomp Nation – More than Singapore! Street Hawker with American Twist!
- Chunk-n-Chip Cookies – BOO-Yah! Artisan Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Clancy’s Clubhouse – Food, Spirits & Sports!
- Crepe’n Around – French-inspired Crepes at Street-inspired Prices
- Da Munch Box – A Comfort Food Mash Up
- Del’s Lemonade – Frozen Lemonade Fresh from Rhode Island
- Dippin Dots – The Ice Cream of the Future
- Dogzilla Hot Dogs – Not your Typical Weiner
- Dosa Truck – South Indian Street Food with a California Twist
- Dumpling Station – Mouth-Watering Dumplings
- Flavor Rush Truck – Rotating Menu Full of Flavor
- Flippin Pizza – An old-school, ‘I’m from Brooklyn and you’re not’ pizza
- Flying Pig – Asian & Pacific Rim Flavors with a French Technique
- Front Porch Pops – A Modern Twist on an Old Favorite
- Georges Greek Café – The Best Greek Food in LA
- Global Soul – Soulful Eats Inspired by California
- Great Balls on Tires – Interesting and Flavorful Balls. Meatballs That Is.
- Home Skillet Truck – The Modern American Kitchen
- Kona Ice Beach Cities – Shaved Ice Focused on Kid-Friendly Fun
- The Lime Truck – California Beach Cuisine
- Lobsta Truck – Mouth-watering Lobsta Rolls
- Longboard’s Ice Cream – Delicious Ice Cream Bars
- Maui Wowi – Hawaiian Coffee and Smoothies
- Me So Hungry – Seasonal Gourmet Street Food with a Monster Punch!
- Meet ‘n Potatoes – Giant East Coast Favorite Sandwiches
- Mustache Mike’s Italian Ice – 120 Flavors of Smooth and Creamy Treats
- My Kabob Express – Mexi-Terranean Fusion Flair
- Naan Stop – Homestyle Indian Food with a Street Twist
- No Tomatoes – Indian-style Street Fare “Desi” Style with (you guessed it) NO Tomatoes
- OC Food Truck – Variety of the Cuisine of O.C.
- Oh For Sweets Sake – Cupcakery and Bakery
- Organic Oasis – Organic Snacks & Smoothies
- Panfiniti - Fresh Paninis and Beyond
- Papa Murphy’s – Take ‘N Bake Revolutionary Pizza
- Pogi Boy Truck – Modern Filipino Cuisine
- Poutine Truck – Traditional Canadian Comfort Food – French Fries, Cheese & Gravy
- Ranchan Ramen – Japanese Street Food
- Refresh Truck – A Splash of Pacific Rim
- Rolling Sushi Van – Awesome Sushi on an Awesome Van
- Seabirds Truck – O.C.’s Original Veggie Truck
- Slammin Sliders – Mini Sliders that are Ridiculously Delicious
- SlapFish – Classic & Sustainable American Seafood
- Slice Truck – Fresh Ingredients, Fresh Pizza
- Spudrunners – Gourmet Fry Truck
- Suite 106 Cupcakery – Winners of Season 3 Cupcake Wars Battle of the Champs!
- Super Mex – Best Mexican Food North of the Border
- Ta Bom Truck – Brazilian Taste on a Truck
- Tapa Boy – Filipino Food on Filipino Time
- Temaki Truck – Only the Freshest Sushi Handrolls
- The Boba Truck – Delicious Boba
- The FLIP Truck – Really REALLY Good Sliders
- The Yummy One – Korean & Asian Cuisine
- Top Class Pizza & Eatery – Family Italian Recipes with Fresh Ingredients
- My Tornado Potato – The King of Fries on a Stick
- Twist Burgers – Quality Burgers Twisted with Flavor
- Uncle Lau’s Island BBQ – A Taste of Hawaii
- Valentino’s Pizza – Delicious Thin Crust Pizza
- Vchos Truck – Gourmet Central American Style Tapas
- Waffles De Liege – So Cal’s First Gourmet Waffle Truck
- White Rabbit Truck – The Original Filipino Fusion Truck
Latest posts by Tom Holmberg (see all)
- Gastronomic Ireland: Part 1 – Ireland’s Culinary Renaissance - June 18, 2013
- Father’s Day Idea: Big Bite Bacon Fest at San Diego County Fair - June 13, 2013
- Great Maple Restaurant – “From Great to Miserable” - June 10, 2013
- Sneak Peek of Provisions Market in Old Town Orange - May 23, 2013
- P.F. Chang’s New Summer Menu and $50 Gift Card Giveaway - May 20, 2013